Our History

Ebenezer Rock“Thus far has God helped us.” He helped our little flock in 1931 in its meager beginnings. He helped that group of men from our small flock who tore down the Canning Dance Hall to build our first church by hand in 1938. He helped that faithful, growing congregation when it purchased lots on North Grand Avenue where a wonderful facility was designed and built that continues to serve God’s people. He helped us in 1978 pay off a 1961 debt and build a new fellowship hall. He helped in the early 1990’s when a Master Vision was developed that produced the 1996 Sanctuary and now our 2010 Christian Family Life Center. During all those years we have watched and marveled as He helped our families often in the midst of joys and struggles. He helped and helped and helped. That’s why we are a forward looking, outreach caring people, because we know God has always helped and because of that we have enormous confidence about the future of our parish and the future of our very souls. “Set this in stone!”

“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus…Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith…Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for He who promised is faithful.”Hebrews 10:19, 22a, 23

View an image of where our church has been in faith